Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Dear Charlotte, 3

Dear little love,

At 4am today, after crying on and off from 7-9pm, then again at 11pm, you were awake and needing some comfort nursing. I was utterly exhausted and completely losing my patience. I decided to change your wet dipe before letting you eat more on the other side. Your diaper was dry, your sleep sack was zipped up, and I handed you your screech owl lovey.

You immediately grabbed it, snuggled it up to your face, and rolled toward your left side. Before I could pick you up, you rolled toward your right side.

And fell 110% asleep. ON THE FLOOR!

I laughed, despite my worn-out self, and let you sleep there for the rest of the morning. Before your dad went to work I had him go in and look at your crazy little body, snoozing peacefully on the carpeted floor in your room.

Charlotte girl, I hope you are always a little bit silly and goofy and wacky. Even when you make me absolutely crazy tired and I can't think straight, I am so very proud to be your momma.

I love you, worm.

P.S. This photo was taken yesterday, when you were actually sleeping in your crib. That wasn't worthy of a blog post in itself, but you sure looked cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment