Tuesday, October 14, 2014

3-0

In college we watched (and re-watched) the movie, "13 Going on 30." The movie is funny, as chick flicks go, and my friends and I can quote most of the dialogue by heart.

One silly line is, "I'm thirty, flirty, and thriving."

Well, if we get rid of the "flirty" part, that sums me up right about now: thirty and thriving.

My marriage is healthy and my husband is the absolute best man on the planet. I've got this beautiful eight month old daughter, who I could never have imagined loving so much. I recently started a new job working with middle school-ers and I totally love it (it's flexible and I can bring my babe along to hang out with the kids!). Our extended family lives far away but we really get to see them pretty often, considering the distance between us.

It's fall and our house is cozy and most days are moderately paced. We get pretty consistent sleep at night and a few quiet napping hours during the day.

My early birthday present was the camera of my dreams and I have time and energy to play around with it and figure out all the bells and whistles. My husband and friends threw me a sneaky surprise party last Saturday night while Charlotte slept upstairs (!!).

We are healthy and have a great community and we make each other laugh. Charlotte lights up our world and brings us incredible joy. The days are not without challenges but our faith is strong and our God is sovereign.

So, here's to 30. I can't wait to see what the next decade brings.

#oldanddirtymirror :)

No comments:

Post a Comment