Saturday, September 26, 2015

Pregnancy update 9: baby #2

How far along: 39 weeks (tomorrow)

Total weight gain: 26 pounds- ha. Over the past two weeks I lost a pound each week. It's so bizarre but I remember the same thing happening at the end of my last pregnancy, too. 

Maternity clothes: nothing fits! I'm wearing a baggy pair of shorts and my PJ pants at home. When we go outside I wear my one pair of loose "athletic" pants and usually one of Joel's shirts. I will be sooooo happy to wear normal clothes again soon. Although Joel's hoodie is remarkably comfortable :) 

Baby news: we expect our boy to come any day. Last Saturday we went into the birth center because I thought maybe my water had broken. It hadn't, but every day since then I have had a few contractions that make me wonder if it's time. It's strange- I wasn't necessarily in a hurry for him to come but now I'm so exhausted with getting my hopes up that I can hardly stand the wait. 

Thoughts: I'm kind of a mess. I constantly go back and forth in my emotions.... I'm so proud of Charlotte and so happy to have this time with her. But I'm soooooo impatient and get easily upset when she cries or throws a little fit. And then of course I feel terribly guilty because she is just a toddler and she is adjusting to changes, too. Today she was all hyped up and wouldn't settle down for her nap. I went in three different times over an hour and then when Joel went in he held her and rubbed her back and she fell asleep in his arms (!!!). I wanted to cry- so tender and sweet, yet I felt kind of mad, too. Ugh- pregnancy!! 


Anyway, I hope this is the last pregnancy update I write. Hopefully our little guy will come soon. And by soon, I mean tonight. :)

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you! Can't wait for your next update....pictures of your sweet little man. You look wonderful. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete