Tuesday, July 30, 2013

FAQs


How far along are you?
14 weeks as of this past weekend! Hello, second trimester!

My calculations perfectly matched with the size and heartbeat we saw at a 6 week ultrasound. At my 8 week checkup, the doctor said the “size of my uterus” showed 8 weeks, too. Man, I’m good. That makes our due date around January 26th, but we are not holding loosely to it… I’ll be happy if we get to meet the baby by early February… I was over three weeks “late” to be born, so that trend may continue with the next generation. 

How are you feeling?
Depends on the minute! Amazingly, I felt better last week in Spain than I’ve felt in a while. When we first found out I was pregnant, I was feeling nauseous OFTEN. I quickly figured out that nausea strikes me at any time of the day (“morning” sickness is a LIE!), but it’s the worst when my stomach is empty. I’ve started eating less at meals, but having small snacks every couple of hours. 

I like taking naps now and need a lot more sleep than ever before. I have some general achiness, but overall I have been very blessed with good health so far. 
Is it a boy or a girl?
Ha! Everyone in Spain asked us this question. We won’t be able to find out until late August or early September, but we do plan to find out. We are planners and want to know if our blue-ish purple guest baby room will be accented with gray and green or more feminine colors. We truly don’t have a preference for boy or girl, but Joel seems to think it’s a girl… father’s intuition, as he says. 

But what about your new teaching job?
Another big question. We were so so so surprised that I got the teaching job just 3 weeks after finding out we are expecting a baby. I was like, “Seriously, God?! I’ve been asking all year for a baby or a teaching job… I really would have been happy with one and now you’ve given me both within the span of a month!!”
I am beyond thrilled to be pregnant and to have a full-time teaching job. Figuring out childcare for the end of the school year will be a challenge, but we are surrendering our fears to God and asking him to care for us in this particular way. We trust in his goodness. 

Where are you going to have the baby?
This hasn't been completely set in stone yet, but we are leaning towards delivering at Valley Birth Place.   I'll do at least one, but probably many more posts on this particular topic. 

What other bloggers are you following during your pregnancy?
Okay, really, nobody has asked this question... BUT reading blogs is one of my favorite past-times and my absolute favorite bloggers have been great resources so far. Here are a few of the best:

Meg, of Kent Park. (Meg is my dear friend and has documented her pregnancy so far. She's due soon- early September- so I'm basically following her lead on a lot of things baby-related!)
Melissa, of Dear Baby Blog.   (Back when she was pregnant and raising newborns, she wrote a lot about choices in childbirth and the challenges of raising great kids while working full-time. Great stuff!)
Rachael, of Kincaid Parade. (She JUST gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. I'll reference this blog in a later post about childbirth and labor/delivery.)
Joanna, of Cup of Jo. (Joanna also just had a new baby, and I love reading her thoughtful words on motherhood and parenting in NYC.)
Eric & Kelsey, of Words of Williams. (I was lucky enough to be a guest blogger for these guys last year and I check their blog every day. They write great stuff about money and faith, but my favorite posts are about raising their cute young daughter. Kelsey also has a style blog which has helped me as I begin to navigate maternity clothes. Zoiks!)

No comments:

Post a Comment