Thursday, August 15, 2013

Reflections on pregnancy

Well, here I am again, avoiding things that probably need to get done, so I decide to write a blog post. Classic. If I analyze myself, I get the hunch that I'm overwhelmed by all that could be done for school (which starts on September 2nd!!) and my natural response is to avoid avoid avoid.

This whole pregnancy thing, now that I'm no longer nauseous, feels a little easier to handle because there is nothing pressing to be done.

The registry is started, the baby's room doesn't need any work for now, I have a midwife appointment next Tuesday, and I'm just waiting to hear back from an ultrasound office so we can schedule the time to find out if this little one is a boy baby or a girl.

Anyway, I can't believe how good I've been feeling! It's amazing to be able to go hours between meals without being sick! Plus, lazy summer mornings mean I get plenty of sleep.

The timing of this baby blows my mind. I can't believe we found out about him/her just weeks before getting a full-time teaching job. But really, how blessed could I be? My worst moments of sickness were during vacation when I could rest and really take care of myself. Now that school is starting, I'm in the second trimester and have lots of energy and excitement. I didn't need to buy many maternity clothes for summer because my body hasn't grown much yet. When I am big and hot in the last few weeks of pregnancy, it will be cold here. Amazing.

Watching Joel fall for this baby has been so so sweet. When we were first getting to know each other I felt confident he would be an awesome dad and now that it's starting to be a reality, I'm even more sure. He is attentive to my feelings and my health and often kisses the baby goodnight and good morning. We are blessed.

P.S. Isn't this outfit adorable? Hope Baby 'Berts looks good in yellow!


No comments:

Post a Comment