Saturday, August 17, 2013

Boys and girls

In the next few weeks we will have an ultrasound that should allow us to see if our baby is a little miss or a little mister. It's funny: people keep asking if we have a preference and I just say no. Which is true. We don't care; we just want him/her to be healthy. BUT we do imagine that it's a girl.

Growing up I had a younger brother and often wondered what it would be like to have an older brother, too. So when I daydreamed about having my own kids, I thought I would want a boy first so if I had a girl later, she would get a big bro. Joel grew up with two brothers and has 13 male cousins on his dad's side of the family (and only 2 girls!!). He thinks it would be so interesting to have a girl because he has no experience with that and the idea just intrigues him.

One day early on he told me "I think our baby is a girl. It's just father's intuition." That is, of course, hilarious, but after the conversation I started picturing a baby girl growing inside. Now that we are getting close to halfway in the pregnancy, I'm so so so curious!

Something funny: our church nursery will soon have an influx of baby girls. One is due in September, another in October, and another in early November. It would be truly hilarious if we give them yet another girl in late January.

Or, if it's a boy, he'll have a bunch of pretty prom dates to choose from ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment