Sunday, September 1, 2013

nursery daydreams

The guest room (soon to be nursery!!) is painted with my favorite color in our whole house. I love the way this room looks: sun from two windows at all times of the day; dark, clean-lined furniture; white bedding with handmade pillow covers; a decent-sized closet where I store all my gift wrapping stuff as well as games for visiting kids to play, etc.
BUT now that I've been brainstorming how to change it for our baby, I'm getting antsy to re-decorate! We'll be moving the guest bed and dresser to the next room and the office furniture will retire to the basement, which is newly painted and looks great.

I bought this gorgeous basket to hold some toys and stuffed animals on the nursery floor. I also found a beautiful off-white lamp on clearance at HomeGoods and plan to put it on top of the gray dresser I trash-picked and repainted last summer. The two middle shelves in the closet are starting to collect baby stuff we've received as gifts. It's driving me slightly crazy to have it all just hanging around in there...
In case you're interested, here's a link to my Pinterest board for nursery ideas. Other than a crib, we won't need to buy any new furniture... which means I can go nuts spending money on hand-made art, window coverings, and closet storage, right? ;)

1 comment:

  1. Right!!! Because it's all for the little one. :) I love the wall color.

    ReplyDelete