Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Dear Charlotte, 6

Dear Charlotte,

I don't know how you can possibly grow any bigger but it seems to me you have hit the six month growth spurt... You have been eating and sleeping like crazy lately! Sometimes I look at the clock, realize it's noon and that you have already eaten four times in about 6 hours. You've been waking up in the middle of the night, which isn't so great. But when you wake up playing, smile at me as I change your diaper, happily eat a meal, then put yourself back to sleep peacefully... I can't be annoyed. You are just so darn awesome. 

We have a lot of fun together, you and I. You have proven yourself to be incredibly patient and flexible with me, as I figure out this mothering thing. We sit outside and watch the cars. You "help" me make dinner in your stroller or the sling. We play on the floor. You lean on me while you sit up and play, after you've gotten tired of sitting all on your own. 

One thing you really don't like is the sound of our food processor. Today it broke my heart when you began SOBBING as I pulsed the basil for some homemade pesto. I immediately picked you up and smothered you with kisses. Then I moved you far away from the kitchen, turned on some music, and put the fan on full blast. Unfortunately, you still got upset when I started it again and your whole body was shaking as tears came streaming down your chubby cheeks. I'm sorry, sweet girl. I'm sorry it startles you so much, and I'm sorry your Daddio wasn't here to comfort you. Usually he holds you close while I use that dang machine and you don't seem to mind as much. 

Little lady, I can't believe how much I love you. I can't fathom how one tiny girl can steal my heart and bring me such joy. You are wonderful, baby. 

Love, Momma



No comments:

Post a Comment