Monday, May 11, 2015

Dear baby

Dear little guppy, 

Lately I've been feeling you swimming around inside of me a LOT! Your dad reminded me yesterday that your big sister Charlotte used to kick the iPad when I had it resting on my belly. I giggled, remembering those days...

And then. Just now. You did the EXACT same thing! 

It's so fun, imagining the two of you playing together, growing up close in age, probably sharing a room. Arguing, and sharing, and learning, and teaching, and arguing some more, and loving, and talking, and laughing. 


Today was a hard day. It was 85 degrees outside, and we had to leave for our home inspection, and I had another little guy to watch, in addition to your sister. And I broke a huge glass container. And I cried on your daddy's chest while Charlotte cried in her crib at bedtime. And I was tired and overwhelmed and worried. 

These hard days happen, little one. They happened while I was pregnant the last time, and they happened when Charlotte was a newborn. And of course, they happened when I was single, and engaged, and a newly wed. 

And these hard days will come again. 

Those are the things on my mind, my darling child. I love you and I can't wait to meet you. 

Xoxo, 
Momma 


(Shown here: 19.5 week baby belly) 

No comments:

Post a Comment