Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Second trimester faves

Now that we are officially into the third trimester, I thought I would run through a list of things that made my second trimester pretty great. Granted, it's often called the golden trimester, so I'm sure none of these things are all that earth shattering. I think most people have a pleasant second trimester. But they are worth mentioning just the same.

1. Oatmeal for breakfast. When I visited my friend Ashley her husband made baked oatmeal for breakfast one morning. I copied the recipe and have been making it ever since. Joel's a total cereal for breakfast guy, so I make myself one batch on Sunday night. It lasts most of the following week if I add milk and reheat it one bowl at a time. I should share the recipe here.
2. Walking. This is good for my mental state and provides serious relief for my pregnancy aches and pains. Plus, it's fall! Amazing weather!!
3. Maternity jeans. I spent more than I would have liked on a comfy pair of Gap skinny jeans. At first I really doubted my decision, but after about a month, I can happily say they were a great purchase. I wear them all weekend most weekends. Plus some evenings after work.
4. Cheese sticks. Holy smokes I go through these things like candy. I have tried all different kinds and my favorite are the Giant brand of Colby jack sticks. Trader Joes makes good ones, too. They are an easy, delicious source of protein, which is super important in pregnancy.
5. Lime in my water bottle. Since my last midwife appointment I have been trying to drink even more water. I get bored, though, so adding lime makes it a bit easier to swallow. Literally.
6. My husband. He should really be number 1 on this list because he has made this second trimester, as well as the first, completely awesome. I'm so so so thankful to have him as my partner in crime in this whole baby-growing shindig. Joel has given me so many back rubs, washed so many dishes, listened to so many lame worries, taken so many evening walks, etc. etc. etc.

Here's to just about 13 more weeks until we meet our little dancing bean of a daughter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment