Okay, baby, in case you are a genius and can already read (not to mention see through layers of skin & organs!), here's a little note from me to you:
COME ON OUT! WE ARE DYING TO MEET YOU!
Today marks 40 weeks of pregnancy, aka: the official due date. I had no idea how annoying and frustrating it would be to wait beyond the day we've been holding onto in our minds. I even said multiple times, "I don't really expect her to come by then," whenever Joel announced our due date.
But apparently I did expect her to come by now.
Because I'm getting increasingly tired of being pregnant and increasingly antsy for labor to just.start.already. Yesterday was a bit of a tease because my contractions increased in frequency and strength and both of us got excited that maybe she was on her way.
Anyway, I leave work each day with nothing undone, just in case I go into labor and the sub has to start the next morning. I don't even bring home papers to grade, just in case. So, I have all this free time on my hands. And just in case you're all dying of curiosity, here's a quick list of things I'm doing with all this free time:
1. wrapping my parents' birthday presents. for their birthday which is at the end of February. ha.
2. making two birth playlists- one upbeat and one quiet
3. looking at newborn & labor/delivery photos on Pinterest
4. looking at recipes I have no intention of making on Pinterest
5. walking the mall. walking Target. walking the freezing cold streets. walking up the stairs in my house.
6. looking through the baby clothes. for the millionth time.
7. eating most of the Lindt dark chocolate truffles I bought two weeks ago and put into our "birth center bag"
8. re-organizing my Pinterest boards
9. making a meal for the freezer, to eat once we come home from the birth center
10. looking through my birth center bag to make sure I have everything
11. using the bathroom. like constantly.
12. finishing reading "Mockingjay" for the second time, even though it'll be a million years before the movie(s) come out!
13. snuggling with Joel
14. watching shows on Netflix
15. bouncing on my labor ball
16. hanging out in the nursery
17. daydreaming about meeting this little one. hopefully it's SOON!