I know, I know, we still have potentially 5.5 weeks left to go before baby A makes her appearance. The third trimester definitely isn't over, but I've had enough weeks in it to be confident in listing a few favorites that have made the last couple months manageable/slightly more comfortable.
1. An exercise ball. This big blue guy has really helped my aches and pains because I can sit in a variety of positions and can use it watching TV, working at my desk, etc. I'll use it during labor, too, so this is a win-win purchase.
3. Extra pillows. I used to sleep with two- one under my head and another between my knees. Nowadays I need an extra pillow so I can have one between my knees whatever side I'm sleeping on. I don't have the energy or mental fortitude to switch the pillow from one side to the next every time I wake up. Plus, the extra support behind my back makes me more comfortable.
4. Clementines. OH my goodness, I eat clementines like candy. They are so easy, quick, and delicious. Baby may just turn out to be a citrus freak.
5. Walking. This has been a recurring theme throughout my pregnancy. Even though the days are shorter and it's tough to squeeze in a walk during the busy weeks of school, walking always helps me feel better at the end of the day. My joints are happy; my digestive system is happy; my mental state is much more stable.
6. Chocolate. This is hit or miss. Some evenings chocolate contributes to my already brutal heartburn, but other times chocolate is just the pick-me-up I need when I'm feeling grouchy or tired. My favorites have been Lindt dark chocolate truffles and some peppermint bark chocolates Joel got from a student. Pretty sure he hasn't eaten any of them... oops.
What about you, friends? Any pregnancy life-savers that got you through the last trimester?